Fundraising Initiative Clwyd-Powys Archaeological Trust calls for Philippines typhoon emergency
Typhoon Haiyan slammed into the Philippines on Friday 8 November 2013, causing catastrophic damage. It is the strongest storm ever to make landfall, hitting an area where
thousands of people are already homeless after an earthquake in mid-October.
Clwyd-Powys Archaeological Trust has decided to respond the appeal for help supporting the Disasters Emergency Committee which brings together 14 leading UK aid charities together in times of crisis: Action Aid, Age International, British Red Cross, CAFOD, Care Inter national, Christian Aid, Concern Worldwide, Islamic Relief, Merlin, Oxfam, Plan UK, Save the Children, Tearfund and World Vision; all collectively raising money to reach those in need quickly.
As you probably know, the DEC will only launch an appeal when there is a large-scale
emergency and only when we are certain that we can help.
I am organising and promoting a fundraising raffle to help people who were affected by the
Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. The raffle will give the opportunity to our communities to
support Filipino people affected by this tragedy, by giving the opportunity to win prizes
which can facilitate ticket holders to engage with their local and national heritage:
access/discounts to museums, historic properties and businesses, specialist publications and many more.
The answer to our appeal has been terrific. Organisations and charities such as CPAT,
Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust (IGMT), Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust, National Trust
and the Cambrian Archaeological Association have already agreed to support our initiative
and donated prizes such as family tickets, memberships and pubblications. Local
businesses have been also addressed to support the initiative. Welshpool Printing
Group, a local printing company based in Welshpool, has kindly donated the raffle
- Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust http://www.ironbridge.org.uk : family ticket to visit each of the Ironbridge Gorge Museums once between 1/1/14 and 31/12/14;
- National Trust, Powys Castle http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/powis-castle : family ticket to entry into the Garden, Castle and Clive Museum;
- Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust http://www.montwt.co.uk : 1 year Membership
- Council for British Archaeology http://new.archaeologyuk.org : Book – “Star Carr: Life in Britain after the Ice Age” by Nicky Milner, Barry Taylor, Chantal Conneller & Tim Schadla-Hall
- CPAT and Cambrian Archaeological Association http://www.cpat.org.uk/index.htm : Book – Reflectioons on the Past. Essays in honour of Frances Lynch” by William j. Britnell and Robert J. Silvester
- Viviana Culshaw https://viviculshaw.wordpress.com : 1 year Membership Young Archaeologists’ Club http://www.yac-uk.org/
- History Matters http://www.tymawrmedievalhall.com : ticket for 6 people to an open day of their choice to Mawr Castle Caereinion, Welshpool, Powys PLUS a archery- shooting the longbow
- Marches Young Archaeologists’ club http://marchesyac.blogspot.co.uk : “Horrible Histories” books